Total Pageviews

Saturday 15 January 2011

Want to bring a smile to a kid's face? Bring them fishing!

The picture says it all. Kids love fishing! One of my fondest memories of my childhood was a day spent beside a pool on a small trout stream with my family. Even though my brothers and I just watched as our father did all the fishing, it was fascinating to witness the seemingly magical method of casting a fly for a waiting trout...the anticipation...the thrill of the strike...and finally, the beautifully spotted fish squirming in our hands.

No-one would disagree that getting kids outdoors is a good thing. To me, getting them into fishing is even better. Fishing will only survive if it has the interest of future generations who are passionate about it and willing to protect this fabulous sport. Pass it on and pass on a smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment